Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mac Attack and SE Splurge

Recently, I find myself browsing the net for the following gadgets:


First




The new MacBook Air! Ohhh yes very modish, ultra slim and light with a height of only .76 inch and weight of 3 lbs. Users say it can even fit inside a manila envelope. It is very handy and I would like to believe that owning this baby sort of gives you bragging rights.

Design wise the MacBook Air is superb however I think that the technical specs is below par. Well I've never owned a Mac. Not really a fan coz I'm used to Windows but tried MacBook Pro and iMac a few times and if the specs of MacBook Air is compared to the latter, it definitely won’t match up. With just 80GB HD or 64GB SSD, no optical drive, just one usb slot, processor a bit slower than other Macs and no LAN port so it solely depends on wifi connection, uhm this laptop is designed merely as the computer for people on the go. It works best as a secondary computer. Users of MacBook Air most likely need to get a primary computer for more reliability.

In spite of this, I still surf the net and look for tidbits about it. Though I know I won’t be buying, MacBook Air entices me even by a mere glance . Heck save the money for more useful stuff and even if I have the money, its too much luxury to buy myself this gizmo.



Second



is the Sony Ericsson W980i. Ok I must admit that the initial reason why I am drawn to W980i is because I like the flip top form and the overall design. The orange backlight of this mobile phone is a wonderful contrast to the glossy black finish. It appears to be very sophisticated.

Favorably, W980i is not only about style; the specifications also put the phone on the front line. Some of the highlights are its 8GB memory, big enough to accommodate loads of media files. Also it has a camera with 3.2 megapixel (not as high as 5MP but still 3.2 is pretty clear already), it has 3G function, a pictbridge where you can send your images directly to a printer, a bluetooth stereo for you to listen to music from phone to headset over a wireless connection, a Track ID where you can record a few seconds of a song and get the track, artist and album information of the song sent to your phone and the Shake Control where you can change songs by just shaking your mobile phone. Really, it’s a good deal - at least for me.

Eh magkano naman kaya ito? To buy or not to buy. But can’t splurge.. No. Not at the moment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

splurge! gogogogog

dac_utest said...

cge! pahingi money dami ka naman dyan =)