After a month-long hiatus, I am finally back again. It's easy to delay posting in your blog when you've got so much in your plate but that doesn't mean I don't intend to resume things. During the times that I failed to write here, it was because first, I was busy with the transition(yes I resigned and am now a bum), second, I took the time to communicate with my other peeps, third I was traveling and lastly I was busy being happy.
It's been four days since I'm jobless and aside from my fear of not having enough funds to last until the start of my next work, I am doing fine. I sometimes think how my previous officemates are doing but I never wonder about the aptness of my decision. I was undeniably decided and I think I stick with it no matter what. It's going to be a couple more weeks before I start on the next company. I have to rest well and take the remaining days to enjoy being awake during daytime. It's definitely something new and I am about to venture into a routine that is unfamiliar but hey I guess when you dream of something, even the slightest step that's gonna take you closer to your goal, you grab it, regardless of the consequences. I am about to embark on the next phase and I deeply pray that it will become successful.
As I mentioned in my other posts, one of my most treasured memories is my experience in Japan and its probably gonna stay in the abyss of my heart forever. I contacted a Japanese friend of mine who speaks, reads and writes good English. He is already in his senior years. Apart from suffering some ailments he is very able and productive. Already retired from work, he makes a living out of his pension and from translating abstracts of patent Japanese documents into English. He is such a brilliant fellow who loves vintage Mercedes Benz cars and who is so much engrossed in photography. I asked him to translate into Japanese my letter to my foster family which is originally in English. He gladly helped.
It's been four days since I'm jobless and aside from my fear of not having enough funds to last until the start of my next work, I am doing fine. I sometimes think how my previous officemates are doing but I never wonder about the aptness of my decision. I was undeniably decided and I think I stick with it no matter what. It's going to be a couple more weeks before I start on the next company. I have to rest well and take the remaining days to enjoy being awake during daytime. It's definitely something new and I am about to venture into a routine that is unfamiliar but hey I guess when you dream of something, even the slightest step that's gonna take you closer to your goal, you grab it, regardless of the consequences. I am about to embark on the next phase and I deeply pray that it will become successful.
As I mentioned in my other posts, one of my most treasured memories is my experience in Japan and its probably gonna stay in the abyss of my heart forever. I contacted a Japanese friend of mine who speaks, reads and writes good English. He is already in his senior years. Apart from suffering some ailments he is very able and productive. Already retired from work, he makes a living out of his pension and from translating abstracts of patent Japanese documents into English. He is such a brilliant fellow who loves vintage Mercedes Benz cars and who is so much engrossed in photography. I asked him to translate into Japanese my letter to my foster family which is originally in English. He gladly helped.
(camera made by Carl Zeiss of Germany some 50 yrs. ago)
Last April, I was lucky enough to visit Boracay and Bohol.
Boracay is divine with its azure waters and fine-as-sugar sands.You can forget about slippers/sandals and just walk along the shoreline barefoot. The water caressing your feet really feels good. It's also fun leaving footprints and doodling non-sense stuff on the powdery sand. I like how everything blends well in that place. With the sun bold and red-hot, you'd most likely dip in the sea all day. And it's nice to swim because the water is clear that you can even see schools of fish on some parts. The water is also not itchy plus the temperature is just right. Although a lot of people go to Bora during summer, I can say that the crowd is tolerable. The area is vast enough to accommodate plenty of tourists.
The most amazing thing that you can do aside from the water activities is watching the sunset. There's nothing like an orange ball bidding goodbye spreading orange vibe in the horizon and on the sea. And once its night time, the joviality in Boracay is amplified. Since resorts, restos, bars and shops are positioned side by side, the mood in every place is crisscrossed. There's a long stretch of yummy food, good music, great people (hunks with nice bods and great smiles) to compliment a fantastic view. Somehow Bora is more or less commercialized with establishments mushrooming but then again the natural beauty of the place outshines the urban feel. At night, I especially like to lay on the sand and just plain look at the moon and stars in the sky with the waves as the background music and the people who peep as distractions.
Yes, Boracay is the place to be. Thank God he made all those wonderful stuff over there. I actually like to go back in the future.
It's the employee's time to shine during the outing:
The trip to Bohol took a one year preparation. It was suppose to happen last year however because of financial concerns, we decided to just go there this summer. And one year of waiting seems to be no-hassle at all after the visit.
Bohol is rich in history. Maybe this is one of the reasons why of all the destinations in the country, we decided to pick it as our first. It is not as renowned as Palawan, Cebu or Boracay but the mere fact that one of its tourist spots namely Chocolate Hills is a contender in the new Seven Wonders of Nature is enough reason. There's so much that Bohol can offer to visitors aside from the wonderful beaches in Panglao. The tour to the Blood Compact Site and Baclayon Church is a treat to history-addicts. The Baclayon Church reminds you of old churches in Ilocos but the outside appearance of the edifice is a bit updated because I guess it was refurbished. There's a pulpit inside, the platform used by priests in the early years of Christianity. There's also a museum beside Baclayon where people can see old artifacts/stuff like the original writings/hymns written in Spanish, old clothes of priests , etc.
I had fun during the Loboc River Cruise. It's great to eat while you get to enjoy the view changing every second. Since we were traversing a lake, the place felt like a scene in the movie Anaconda or something like that. The water was brown and there were hills and greens on each side. Some locals were swimming. During the one hour cruise, we were entertained by a bunch of Boholano's perched on a wide floating podium, playing the guitar and singing and dancing.
Luckily, we were able to hold a tarsier (people are prohibited from touching tarsiers in the tarsier sanctuary). Our driver/tourist guide was kind enough to bring us to someone who owns a tarsier and allows tourists to hold it. The brown furball is I guess the size of the hand of a tall person, it has really big round eyes, long tail like the tail of a rat, has scary hands like that of a bat and has a subdued disposition.
The look of Chocolate Hills when we were there was a bit hazy because it was raining. Still, it gave me that feeling of "sooo etoh pala yon". Some hills are color green and are not perfectly round in shape , but when you view them as a group, they assemble to be chocolate mounds.
We could have enjoyed more and relax further if we stayed for another day but the three days two nights vacation is more than enough. To visit a place is not about the length of the stay, rather it is being-all-there.
Balik sa Bohol balik:
Where are you going this summer? Do you still have other retreats in mind? Take me with you=) It is in experiencing things that you learn to live life with all its grandeur and facets. I am happy because although situations are not perfect, still I am resilient enough to bounce back and everyday there are blessings that shape my happiness. It's not all the time that things happen according to my terms but I'll try to look on the bright side. I cannot do piercing anymore but I am cool with it. I try to do aero everyday and though its tiring I stay positive. I am surprised that people care for you so much that it even exceeds the concern you have for yourself and for that I am speechless. Last but not the least, I am happy because Pyrolympics 2008 has finally kicked off.





3 comments:
astig! sama mko sa cavite!!
i'll be home in october =)
sure sure! can't wait mag-october! double-triple-quadruple celebration! hihihi.
so what's this.. you are gonna blog too? that's great! haha kala ko solo flight lang ako.
miss you little lulu! smile as often as you can. hughughughug=)
yeah. no audience. just writing for nonesense. haha! its good therapy actually. =)
Post a Comment